Thursday, January 24, 2013

Go ahead and laugh


Go Ahead and Laugh

I woke up today with the good news that today is National Belly Laugh Day! What is this you ask? It’s pretty much self-explanatory. Round up the posse and have some gut busting laughs. Go ahead, not only is it fun and funny, but it’s good for you too!

Here are some benefits:

·         Reduces blood pressure

·         Reduces stress

·         Increases memory and learning

·         Improves alertness and creativity            

·         Fortifies the immune system

·         Promotes group bonding

·         Gives your diaphragm, abdominal, facial , and leg muscles a workout

·         Strengthens  relationships

·         It’s one thing that’s contagious that will help others feel better too

 

 

And this list goes on for days. I don’t know about you but those all sound good to me. Healing my body naturally with laughter?! Especially one of those laughs that make your face hurt and you almost pee your pants! Those are the best. No matter how down you are, it can always be fixed with a good chuckle.

 

 

So I give you permission. Have a laugh. Look at something or do something really funny and laugh until your belly hurts and tears come to your eyes. I promise you’ll feel a whole lot better…and your body will thank you for it!
 
 
 
      

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I've heard said that laughter is the flavouring of life and I can see you agree with that :)
    I'm glad I found you on the blog hop, I'm your newest follower, and can't wait to read more.
    Hoping you'll stop by and say hi sometime.
    http://www.wanderlust-wishlist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete