Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday...

Soooo, I've spent the last 1 hour and a half reading other blogs and searching for some link ups. It was very invigorating to spend some time reading some of my blog friends! At this point I'm totally convinced that: YES!! It is a new week- another busy week but new nonetheless. And that means that there is a new beginning, fresh clean slate, and more memories to be made.

*Last week I returned to my old job in a new location
*I crammed more computer information into my brain than I thought was humanly possible
*I realized that I still don't have settle for anything less than happy
* I can love from a distance and be alright with it
*I know more about the Bible than I thought I did

My Faith Challenge theme for today is: brings joy/ excitement. I get excited just knowing that I will get a blessing every time I open my study Bible.

I can remember having a conversation with my pastor a few years back. I was telling her that I could not understand why I wanted to do good, but just kept on going the wrong way. One thing about her is that Jesus is always her first offering. And I am so grateful for that.

She directed me to Romans chapter 7. Paul was definitely one of the disciples I could relate to in some ways. The truth is this for believers: even in the midst of goodness and righteousness, evil is ever present. I was not a horrible person unworthy of God's love. I was ridden with sin, and that is what had me bound in a way that I continued in it until I was truly ready to surrender.


Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth within me.... O wretched man that I am!Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
-Romans 7:17&24-25

 

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you are finding encouragement through other blogs. There are some really great people out there. So glad to be following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh honey! You're one of them! You're so calm and serene. I may sound very focused and tranquil but I'm a live wire. Your posts do have a way of soothing a savage beast;)

      Delete