Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Yerba Mate

As much as I love Coffee, I am that much more fascinated with fresh brewed tea and the many varieties that are available to me. What I love even more is that each tea has some type of wellness quality about it. My favorite had been Chai for a while, then I found a blueberry flavored green tea i absolutely fell in love with. A few days ago I found a brew by the name of Yerba Mate. I won't give you it's history but I will tell you tha it has great health benefits.

My favorite advantage of drinking this tea is the amazing energy it gives me with out the crash of coffee. I can drink one cup and wait hours before having another and still feel focused and energized. Another quality is the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that it is packed with. These include vitamins C, B1 and B2, Chromium, Copper, Iron, Manganese, Potassium, and Zinc. Its also responsible for stimulating metabolism thermogenically. God knows my metabolism needs all the stimulation it can get! I like it!

As far as taste, I'm accustomed to dark roasts and robust, dark brews. so this one to me tastes good but its light. Its to be brewed in hot not boiling water. I drop two bags instead of one and it is the bees knees honey! Try it for yourself...Let me know what you think!



4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm your newest followers! I just watched yesterday on The Today show that tea is the new coffee, and I've switch over 2 years ago and can't look back, I'm currently drinking a green and white tea blend that I adore.

    Care to follow me back, check it my blog and let me know what you think ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Tea is the new coffee! I have about 10 different brands and flavors in my kitchen. I love it! Thanks for following, I'm going to check you out now!

      Delete
  2. I am going to have to check out this tea. I need all the energy I can get. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's yummy! just make sure to brew with hot water and NOT boiling, otherwise it'll be bitter tasting!

      Delete