Saturday, February 9, 2013

Skinny Bird

I have been waiting all week for this one! I absolutely looooove to eat! I love good food with good flavor. What I love even more is good food that is good for you. One of my goals for 2013 is to develop healthier eating habits to go along with my fitness goals which I've been a little slack on. On Instagram I started following a Canadian health and fitness guru by the username pjsquared. She happens to be a BeachBody coach and has shared one awesomely skinny recipe with us. These babies were super easy to prepare, super easy to make and super easy to clean up. Best of all they were super skinny and delicious! I finally got the chance to go by Whole Foods and grab my ingredients. While I was there I spotted a super cheap Vitamix that I will be purchasing later this week. Stay tuned for recipes and preparations for that!

So today I bring you....

Turkey Muffins
Ingredients

2 pounds of ground turkey (or chicken)                                          
3 egg whites
1 cup quick oats
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder 
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 small onion chopped finely
2 stalks of celery chopped fine- regretfully I forgot my celery so I used 1/2 tblsp of celery salt
1 medium zucchini grated and squeezed of its juice
1/4 cup chopped parsley

Preparation

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
chop zucchini and strain all juice from it.- I threw mine in the Ninja and then squeezed all juice out of it
Spray muffin tin with canola cooking spray or olive oil


  


Mix all ingredients together in a bowl Roll meat, seasonings, onion, etc into a large meatball and then place into muffin pan. 
Bake for 30-40 minutes

Enjoy!
Honey Lemon Dressing


While they were cooking I whipped up a quick and easy dressing for my salad.
4 Tblsp 100% pure honey 
2 Tblsp 100% pure lemon juice
whisk or shake together well and pour over salad

I must say that when I first started the preparation I wasn't sure if I was going to be successful. Switching out ingredients isn't something I like to do. As they cooked the aroma of perfectly seasoned turkey filled the air. When I tasted it... these things are the bomb!
This recipe makes roughly 12-16 muffins depending on the size of your muffin tin. Serving size is 2 muffins for most women. I prefer the pan! And get this: only 180 calories per muffin! 


Peristera, thank you so much for sharing this with me.  I look forward to you sharing more healthy food with us! 
*You can click the links above to connect with this BeachBody babe!


No comments:

Post a Comment