Friday, February 1, 2013

30 Day Faith Challenge

So today I thought it would be completely appropriate to link up with a 30 Day Faith Challenge hosted by the one and only Cat over at This Little Life of Mine. You can click on the link for further details but basically we have to share a verse from scripture relating to whatever the topic is for that day. We will be posting pictures and verses all over the place so come back everyday to get your Holy fix.

Today's topic is stress and let me tell you: I am a Drama Queen when it comes to anything that takes me even slightly out of whack. I'm a compulsive worrier- some days more than others and when it comes to stress I have found that the only way for me to get through it is to trust God. Wandering through Barnes and Noble one night I found this bookmark and it has been stuck in whatever book I'm reading at the moment. This is my mantra. When the going gets tough, the tough STOP, WATCH, PRAY, and TRUST GOD!
On any given day I am not capable of making a sound decision. It is my faith and trust in God that allows me to breeze through any stressful situation that comes my way. Because in the beginning I start to panic, my hands get to sweatin', my heart rate goes up, and I'm trying to find the easiest softest way to get through the ordeal. It's only when I stop and remember that God is in control I am relieved that I don't always have to be the problem solver. When I trust God to take me through He gives me peace of mind through any storm that blows my way. 


And even though looking at this bookmark helps me make it through some rough moments through the day I will leave you with some scripture that pierces my heart every time I think of it in times of stress. 

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
James 1:2-4

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I too am a drama queen. It's wonderful to serve a God who has our best interests at heart! Knowing that we can trust Him in all things makes the drama a lot less necessary. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks doll! I don't like being the drama queen that I can be, but by the grace of God I'm able to get through some 'tuff' stuff without a meltdown nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is a good one! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete